Driving Animal Go?

Pet Travel Information

Additionally, The USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service is responsible for ensuring that people traveling by air with pets treat them safely and humanely. This includes regulations, tests, inspections and forms that need to be completed by an accredited APHIS Veterinarian before you travel. We also recommend calling your airline in advance to understand their requirements for traveling with your pet. If you intend to bring your pet back into the U.S., there may be certain re-entry requirements, depending on where you traveled. Traveling with Pets – The USDA provides information necessary for traveling with your pets, including vaccination requirements, alerts, etc.

APHIS International Pet Travel Our veterinarians at Animal Health Care of Marlboro are some of the few veterinarians in New Jersey who can provide APHIS travel certificates. When traveling internationally, please note that the preparation for certification can take months. When traveling with your pet, there may be animal health requirements specific for that destination. As soon as you know your travel details, please contact us to assist with the pet travel process. Factors to consider may include meeting time frames for obtaining a health certificate, updating vaccinations, diagnostic testing, or administration of medications/ treatments. Our veterinarians at Animal Health Care of Marlboro are some of the few veterinarians in New Jersey who are licensed to provide APHIS travel certificates.

Also, we highly recommend having your vet sign the form in blue ink to easily show both the USDA and destination country’s government that it is an original document. As a federally accredited veterinarian practice, we can issue travel and acclimation certificates for your healthy pet so they can travel internationally with you. Each country has different animal health requirements that travelers must meet so it’s important to start the process early. Our website covers the requirements for more than 130 countries. Check the APHIS Pet Travel Website for your destination country’s entry requirements. When traveling by car, it is advised that you carry three different forms of information about your pet to ensure proper guidance and protocols are being followed.

The veterinarians at Pet Medical Services are all USDA Accredited. Each country and state has their own specific requirements and regulations. These regulations have been created to prevent the spread of diseases, and to help keep track of animals during travel.

Our perspectives on pet travel are the same as our fellow ‘Pet Moms and Dads’ or caring pet guardians. We each have pets as parts of our families, and we understand the very personal and immediate concerns associated with bringing our pets and other family members half way around the world with us. To learn the requirements for moving your pet from your current location to another U.S. state, please select your destination state from the list below. If you have additional questions or need to determine what type of form will be accepted when the pet travels, please contact the State Veterinarian’s office in the destination state. Visit ourCountry Acceptance List for VEHCS to find out if the country of destination for your animal/pet export allows you obtain your health certificate online.

The process for taking a pet bird or other exotic animalout of the United States may involve multiple agencies including USDA APHIS Veterinary Services , andU.S. It is critical that you meet ALL requirements for each of these agencies prior to export. Effective July 14, 2021, the CDC is temporarily suspending dog imports from countries classified as high-risk for rabies. The suspension includes U.S.-origin pet dogs returning to the U.S. from any high-risk rabies country.Learn more about the CDC’s dog import suspension.

Please note that airlines may have separate and additional requirements. Check with your airline to determine what requirements they may have, if any. After the health certificate is issued by a USDA accredited veterinarian, it will typically need to be endorsed (signed and “stamped”) by your local APHIS office. APHIS Service Centers are set up to process your health certificate as quickly as possible – but keep in mind, we process many certificates each year so be sure to leave plenty of time for us to complete this process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *